Monday, February 18, 2008

Be careful what you wish for.....

I was up early to take the Coaster train down to south San Diego and ride east/south to find some hills. I was toying with the idea of heading across the border. There is a brand new Junek 25o track in Tijuana I want to see and ride the next time I get down here. I should have brought my passport. Hell, who am I kidding. I don't even have a passport. Put that on the list. Nice ride on the train for a couple $$. I wanted to get a picture of me at the Coaster station. Do you know how hard it is to get a few Hispanic guys wearing big gloves and winter coats ( it was a little cold at 7AM), who definitely had farm type labor jobs and didn't speak any English, to get one of them to take your picture?-And then to take your picture without looking gay? Not that there is anything wrong with that as the Seinfeld episode said. Well this is the result. It was one shot deal - I didn't even get to look at the camera- Still had the ipod in the ears listening to a new and some old favs. Can't take credit for the new fav tho.


Against my better judgement to post! Blame it on that mini keg.


Finally the train

Finally arrived at the last stop and I headed out looking for a few hills East of San Diego, Chula Vista. Not exactly sure where I ended up but there were 3 of this type of climbs on home lined twisty roads. I'd guess about 1500 feet and a mile long. I got what I was looking for and more. For a average old track sprinter, I felt pretty good on the first two. Let's not talk about the third but I made it.


Not at all that impressive for a real roadie. Almost to the top in the background.


Looking down. The roads were too twisty to get a good perspective with a pic.



By the time I got back to the coast the weather had really changed. I heard off and on rain is coming in for the next few days. It is still way better that 8 degz.


5 comments:

Super Rookie said...

change the password so skibby doesn't come back and re-ruin this blog!

Lunatic Biker said...

The picture looks great. That warm weather looks inviting. More inviting than those hills.

Skibby said...

What is this? in three posts, dg has put more words on this blog than the entire history of skibbysez. I gave him permission to post because I thought he was going to the beach! I don't want to see pictures of him, I want HOTTIES!!!!

Lunatic Biker said...

Skibby, you picked a good guest poster. I think he'll get to the chick pics.

dg said...

Calm down Psycho skib. I can't just make them up you know. This is for training, something you know little about :) The weather isn't quite up bikini temps. They wear gloves when it is 60! But I'll take 60 anyday. The beaches are full of surfer dudes - unless that's what you want. You'll have to wait until the tour of Cali. I'll deliver- I hope-