Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hurt - Skib Inch Nails





I rode my bike today



To see if I still feel



I focus on the pain



The only thing that's real



The pavement tears a hole



The old familiar sting



Try to medicate it all away



But I remember everything



[Chorus:]



What have I become



My cyclist friend



Every time I ride



goes awry In the end



I will always fall



on asphalt or dirt



I will let me down



I will make me hurt







I wear this neck brace




In the ER chair



Full of broken bones




I cannot repair



Beneath the stains of blood



The feelings disappear



My mind is somewhere else



I am still right here






[Chorus:]



What have I become



My cyclist friend



Every time I ride,



goes awry In the end



I will always fall




on asphalt or dirt



I will let me down



I will make me hurt







If I could ride again



A 100 miles a day



I would keep rubber down



I would find a way


copyright trent reznor

1 comment:

euroskibby said...

Pure poetry...
How about this one, with apologies to neil young.

I hit the pavement and i broke some bones,
Should have never joined the velodrome.
Gone gone the damage done

i heard you knocking on my cellar door
cmon skibby lets ride some more
helpless to keep from falling down